Monday, January 25, 2010

The cat-dog that stares out the window loves me!

I realize I haven't blogged in a while, but quite frankly, there has not been much to report on what's new with the muppet baby. Puppy classes are going swimmingly, not only because Clarkson is learning some basic obedience, but also because he has made it through every single class without peeing all over himself and his classmates. Sadly, I am unable to report the same news with respect to every other puppy in the class. It's like a water park every Sunday at 6:15 p.m.

Joe and I recently took a couple of (separate) weekend trips - Joe went to Mexico first while I stayed home with Clarkson, and then I took a quick trip to Florida to visit Christa and Josh while Joe stayed behind. It was pretty cool to come home to such an excited puppy! I don't know if it's his personality or what, but Clarkson does not care when we get home from work. Not at all. I'm used to dogs that bark and jump and feverishly wag their tails at the sight of their owner returning home, but when we let him out of his crate, Clarkson essentially yawns in our faces. He yawns, stretches, and then promptly finds a toy that is exponentially more interesting than us.

The yawn, stretch, toy routine was not what we got when each of us returned from our respective weekend trips. As you can imagine, I was SUPER excited to see him so when I got out of my cab I looked up at our unit and he was staring out the window and I SWEAR he saw me. I realize he was three stories above me. And he is only 4 months old. And color blind. And not really capable of complex thought. But he totally saw me. Anyway, I came charging up the stairs and when I got in the door, he was finally excited to see me. Like really, really, pee your pants excited to see me! Of course he didn't actually pee his pants as he's the jedi knight of potty training, but it was still great to see him go crazy like that! Joe got the same reaction when he returned from Mexico a week earlier. In a few weeks, we are both going to be leaving him for a whole week when we head to Europe to celebrate Andrew and Iain's birthdays! I can't wait to see what happens when we get back. Many people have warned that he may be pissed off at us and act disinterested. I assure you if that happens, I will most likely just fall to pieces.

"WHEN WILL HE LOVE US AGAIN???"

That'll be a fun 20 minutes for Joe.

Here's a picture of him perched on our couch, staring out the window. This is what I saw from three stories below when I got home from Florida. He's so awesome. He's a cat. A muppet baby cat-dog and I looooove him.


No comments:

Post a Comment