Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Clarkson, meet Clarkson.

I have a twitter account that I rarely use. In early 2009, I joined upon hearing that it was going to be the next big thing in social media. I, like many other people who feared that facebook would just become the next Friendster or MySpace, thought to myself "why not try to be ahead of the curve on this one." Unfortunately, twitter never really took off for me. I think that is mainly due to the fact that I could not understand what I was supposed to use it for? None of my friends were on twitter, so I couldn't use it to communicate with them or keep up with what they were doing. What was the point? Soon my existentialist tweets of "what are we doing on here?" became less frequent, until finally I was once again a strict facebook user.

Everything changed yesterday. Yesterday, I found twitter's purpose. Yesterday, I nearly twit my pants.

I had signed back onto twitter on a whim and began scrolling through various celebrity twitter accounts. It seems that Kelly Clarkson has recently joined twitter. Kelly Clarkson has recently joined twitter and she sometimes, although infrequently, will send tweets back to her fans. Here it was! Twitter's purpose!

Finally, I have an opportunity to (virtually) introduce Sergeant Clarkson to his namesake, Kelly Clarkson. I have an opportunity to introduce the little muppet baby to the pop star that I admire so much that I chose to name my dog after her. Yes, I have an opportunity, but I need your help.

So I have sent a couple of tweets already to Kelly trying to get her to click on the link to this blog, however, she literally receives HUNDREDS of tweets a day, so I don't think that I have had any luck. That's where you come in. I need you to tweet her. I need you to join twitter and tweet her. We're going to start a twitter campaign. We're going to start a twitter campaign that will help me reach the ultimate goal: a virtual Clarkson/Sergeant Clarkson introduction. A tweet from @kelly_clarkson herself that says "that puppy in Chicago that is named after me is totally cute." That's our goal! Can we make it happen? YES. WE. CAN.

http://www.twitter.com/

Join. All you need is an email address. Then search for Kelly Clarkson by clicking on "Find People" and typing in "Kelly Clarkson." Make sure that you get the real Kelly Clarkson, her twitter account can be found at www.twitter.com/kelly_clarkson. Once you get to her page, click on the little button that says "follow."

Ok, you're all set to help make the virtual introduction possible.

Click the "home" button. Now where it says "What's Happening?" I need you to type the following message verbatim:

@kelly_clarkson have you heard about the adorable puppy who is named after you? http://sergeantclarkson.blogspot.com/

Also, send this to anyone you know who would be interested in seeing the Sarge (virtually) meet Kelly Clarkson. Please. Thanks.

Finally, Kelly, if you end up finding this link, here is Sergeant Clarkson, the puppy we named after you. Our intention was originally to get a female dog, but the breeder only had one male left in her litter. We decided to butch him up with "Sergeant." Sergeant Clarkson was born. He's an awesome dog and he's very excited to meet you. And so is his owner.

Thanks,

@seanthiggins



No comments:

Post a Comment