Friday, November 13, 2009

Alpha, Beta............Gamma.

"Alpha." Joe points to himself.



"Beta." Joe points at Clarkson.



"Gamma." Joe points at me. Clarkson bites my leg, barks in my face, and sprints down the hallway.



It's true. Roles have been established at the Jiggins Household. Joe = Alpha Male, with Clarkson listening and obeying to *most* of his every word (he's still a puppy, and let's face it, not entirely capable of complex thought). Clarkson = Second-in-command, such a cute dog that I cannot seem to discipline. Sean = Bottom of the totem pole, a living chew toy that feeds Clarkson and takes him to to the bathroom. A living chew toy that picks up his poop.


FYI, I would expect it to be a very long time before I get through an entire blog without talking about the dog's bathroom habits...yesterday he "eliminated" eleven times...ELEVEN. "Eliminate" is the word most dog training websites use, which I find to be completely ridiculous.


"Take your your puppy to the area of your yard where you would like him/her to eliminate, look your puppy directly in the eyes, and give him/her the command to eliminate. Try using the word 'eliminate'"


"Clarkson...ELIMINATE."


Clarkson barked at me and I'm pretty sure he said "Eliminate this, dumbass."


Anyway, the difference in Clarkson's temperament around Joe and me is pretty unbelievable. The other day I came home from work and the dog would just not stop: barking, running around like a maniac, not letting me eat dinner, jumping on the couch, etc. Joe gets home from work and Clarkson all but went outside to fetch him the Sunday paper. The dog was pleasant, peaceful, and loving. Later that night after I got home from Flipper's house, and Joe told me that they even got to have some cuddles. CUDDLES! Naturally, he chose to tell me this as Clarkson was crawling on top of me, looking for some fresh ear to nibble.


If I tried to cuddle with the dog, I'm pretty sure he would bite my leg, bark in my face, and sprint down the hallway. Rinse, lather, repeat.


He's just so effing cute though. I can't get mad at this face!!


In fact, I miss that face. I'm outta here. I'm going to go play with my dog....


Days since Clarkson: 12

Days since roles were established: 11.5

No comments:

Post a Comment