Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Clarkson speaks

So Joe and I hired a dog walker to take the muppet baby out on walks when we are both away at work. It gives us piece of mind that he is getting some additional regular exercise, which will hopefully translate into a calmer dog who does not eat the paneling on our kitchen wall (more on that later). When the dog walker initially started, she would leave tiny notes that would basically say: we went for a walk and he "eliminated" twice.

Yesterday, however, we came home to a note from Clarkson. Clarkson wrote us a note! He scares easily at dumpsters. He barks at his own reflection. He chases his own tail. And now, he writes notes!

Today we came home to this:

"I wouldn't stop making noise when [dog walker's name] came home. I was so happy to see her that I gave her plenty of kisses! I didn't pee when we went to the roof, but I pooped and peed twice outside. We walked down to the end of the of the street, back up the other side, and then back home. I got to play with a cocker spaniel and sniff everything I wanted! We played fetch with some of my toys when we got home."

Oh Clarkson, where is your sentence structure? "I did this." "I did that." Come on, buddy! Where are your transitions? Do I see you ending sentences with prepositions? Quite honestly Clarkson, what was the point of your little story? No dramatic build, no climax. And why are you SO excited about this dog walker? Are you trying to make us jealous?

It's working.

I am taking off tomorrow...we're going for a walk...and we're going to a writing class.

In an unrelated note - I would like to recommend Kong chew toys to ANYONE who has a puppy. You tuck a treat in the middle of the toy and Clarkson is transported to a different universe. A universe that is on the brink of implosion and which can only be saved if he gets...that...treat! I swear God, it can keep him occupied for HOURS!

2 comments:

  1. Peanut butter works great too! I think it is adorable that the dog walker leaves little notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this blog! It is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete