Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving From the Sarge



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It is Sergeant Clarkson Jiggins's first turkey day and we have made a new video blog to honor the occasion. And when I say "we," I mean I got out the camera and Joe said he wanted no part of it before I could even say the word "youtube." As it turns out, I need to stick to old fashioned blogging as I have NO idea who sucked the life out of me during this little clip. Why am I even there?

As you can see from the vlog, we have put up our Christmas tree! And when I say "we," I mean Joe put up the Christmas tree as I ran to get us Subway and an extra few sets of lights. We really work better together when I am not in the way. The tree is up and we (again, Joe) strung the lights. The rest of the decorations will come over the weekend. You will also see from the vlog that Clarkson got a new collar. He outgrew his old one and he's getting bigger every day. I hate it. I want him to stay a muppet baby forever! He's still the cutest puppy in the world however, and he's becoming even more famous in Lakeview. Many people have seen him on walks and recognized him from past encounters!

Here's how that usually plays out...

Scenario A
Stranger: "Is this Sergeant Clarkson?"

Sean: "Yes, isn't he the cutest thing you have ever seen? Do you want to pet him? He's a little bitey because he still has puppy teeth, but he's pretty good once he calms down."

Stranger: "What kind of dog is he again? A shina ibu?

Sean: "Shiba Inu, he's kind of like an Akita."

Stranger: "So will he get big?"

Sean: "No, only 30 pounds, which I think is a pretty good size for a city dog. We just love him. Anyway, we should be on our way, have a great day!"

Stranger: "Have a great day!"

Scenario B
Stranger: "Is this Sergeant Clarkson?"
Joe: "Yes."

Joe keeps on walking.

Clarkson was also recognized by a total stranger and blog reader. Apparently a friend's friend was reading this blog when her roommate messaged her about a fluffy white puppy that was sooo cute. The friend's friend promptly asked "was his name Clarkson?" and it was! Our little guy is a celebrity.

Anyway, must go now. Sorry about the depressing video blog, that's never going to happen again. Oh and if you're reading, would it kill you to comment? We would really appreciate it. And when I say we, I mean I would really appreciate it.

7 comments:

  1. Clarkson seems REALLY into the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Clarkson is so adorable and I love his new collar. Scenario #2 is soooo Joe! I can't wait to meet him at the Strogan"off"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiba inus are my favorite dog, and Clarkson is absolutely adorable! Great energy in the video... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog post-like all the rest-was absolutely hysterical! Sean, why are you such a wet blanket in that video?! "Alright. Thanks."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harrassing readers for comments is "awesome" in my book. Keep up the good work, Proud Poppa!

    ReplyDelete