Monday, November 9, 2009

Insomnia and the Pup-a-razzi



So we have had our muppet baby for over a week now. He's still pretty awesome. He's biting the crap out of me, but for some reason he's pretty deferential of Joe. I think he may be able to tell that I'm a pushover. He's also an earlier riser than I could have ever imagined - the latest he has slept in has been 6:30, and today it was 4:45. NIGHTMARE. It's weird too because he is SOO full of energy when he wakes up: running in circles around our furniture, trying to bite my legs, barking like a banshee. I, on the other hand, am essentially a zombie. A zombie with enormous hair and bad breath.

Here is our morning routine:

4:45: Clarkson starts pawing at the door of his crate, I whisper a silent prayer that if I ignore him, he will just go back to bed, Joe sleeps.
5:00: Clarkson starts yapping to be let out of the crate, I get out of bed and try to find clothes to put on, Joe sleeps.
5:01: Clarkson starts yapping like CRAZY because he realizes that I'm getting dressed, I try (unsuccessfully) to quiet him down before letting him out of the crate, Joe sleeps.
5:01:30: Clarkson gets out of his crate and runs in circles, manages somehow to find a sock that I have left somewhere, I chase him down and pull the sock out of his mouth, Joe sleeps.
5:02: Clarkson and I go out for a quick pee break, Joe sleeps.
5:05: Clarkson eats, I sleep, Joe sleeps.
6:00: Clarkson, who up until this point has been in the kitchen set off by a large doggy-door, starts barking again to go outside/play, I wake up, Joe sleeps.
6:05: Clarkson rocks a deuce and also pees, I pick it up and throw it away, Joe sleeps.
6:06: Clarkson and I go on a walk, Joe sleeps.
6:30: Clarkson and I play in the family room (read: Clarkson bites me for roughly 80 consecutive minutes as I try to discipline him, he mistakes this for a game. A game that I have lost for the past 6 days). Joe wakes up and slams the bedroom door closed in a huff. Joe sleeps.

Then we play/sleep/play/shower until I leave for work at 8:30. Amazingly he may have to pee again one of those times, which is just mind-boggling to me. But enough about his bathroom habits. That's our morning. And FYI - the deal always was that if we were going to get a dog, I'd have to take it out. I only mention that Joe gets to sleep not out of anger, but rather, out of pure, unadulterated jealousy.

The weather in Chicago was amazing this weekend, so we had plenty of opportunities to take Clarkson on long walks and show him off. Brigitte and I took the Sarge for a walk to the Gap on Saturday, which was a success in some senses and a disaster in others.

Success: Clarkson handled the attention very well. Disaster: a walk that should have taken roughly 10 minutes ended up taking 45. Success: Clarkson is the envy of lakeview. Disaster: Clarkson is the envy of lakeview (one woman threatened to steal him, a threat that for some reason was not taken lightly). Success: Clarkson was good with other dogs. Disaster: a man with leather pants that zippered from the behind walked past us.

I guess that last one is a disaster that is wholly unrelated to Clarkson, but for the love of god, these pants were RIDICULOUS.

Anyway, the weekend was finished with a visit from my nieces Caitlin and Lauren. Clarkson was awesome with the girls and they were equally as great with him. The whole afternoon can best be described as an explosion of cuteness. An explosion of cuteness with dynamite made of puppies and toddlers.

Here are a couple of youtube videos:




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqVpUqjui4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYGBqJX35cY

No comments:

Post a Comment